1903 Now

George Lawrence

308 SW First Avenue, Portland, Oregon
Available Spaces

About

In 1874 George Lawrence and his family emigrated from Ireland to go into business with his brother-in-law Sam Sherlock, a trained saddle-maker. After his brother-in-law passed away, George Lawrence bought the business renaming it “The George Lawrence Company”. Shortly after the turn of the century The George Lawrence Company outgrew their former location on the NE corner of Front Street(now Naito Pkwy). Lawrence commissioned prominent Portland architecture firm, Whidden & Lewis to design 4-story brick building on the SE corner of 1st and Oak St. for the purpose of the manufacture, sale and inventory of a full line of horse saddlery, harnesses and their components and accessories.

Amenities

  • Exposed Brick and Beam Space
  • Building Conference Room
  • Abundant Natural Light
  • Shower Facilities
  • 19’ Exposed Ceilings
  • Operable Windows
  • Bike Storage
  • After Hours Access
  • Central Atrium
  • Willamette River Views

Inside

Nearby

  • One Block from Pine Street Market
  • Immediate access to Tom McCall Waterfront Park
  • Located at Red & Blue Line Max Stop
  • One Block from Kells Irish Pub
  • Walking Distance to Voodoo Donuts
  • Walking Distance to Saturday Market

Listings

401

5065 Sqft
George Lawrence
308 SW First Avenue, Portland, Oregon

183 Mezzanine

637 Sqft
George Lawrence
308 SW First Avenue, Portland, Oregon